Ever wondered if there’s a way to transform your mundane rent payments into something more rewarding? Well, look no further than Bilt Rewards, a revolutionary program that has completely reshaped the landscape for renters. With BILT Rewards, you can earn valuable points simply by paying your rent, unlocking a world of exciting rewards and maximizing your financial gains.
With a points valuation of 2.05 cents each, Bilt Rewards points hold significant potential for savvy redemption. However, there are strategies you can employ to extract even greater value from your Bilt points. In this guide, we’ll delve into the intricacies of the Bilt Rewards program, exploring how to earn and redeem points for maximum value.
Table of contents
- What is Bilt Rewards?
- How to Earn and Redeem Bilt Rewards?
- BILT Status Tiers
- How to Redeem Bilt Rewards Points : Best Options
What is Bilt Rewards?
Imagine turning your regular rent payments into a gateway to exciting rewards and savings. That’s exactly what Bilt Rewards, a revolutionary loyalty program, makes possible. Designed specifically for renters, Bilt Rewards transforms ordinary rent payments into a rewarding experience, allowing you to earn valuable points simply by paying your rent.
Earn points on rent at any apartment
Pay rent and earn points at any apartment without the transaction fee.
Get double points on the 1st
Earn even more on Rent Day with 6X on dining, 4X on travel, and 2X on other purchases (except rent).
Redeem the most valuable rewards
Bilt Points ranked as the most valuable rewards points (above Amex Membership Rewards and Chase Ultimate Rewards),
- Earning points for every rent payment, regardless of the payment method.
- Redeeming points for a wide range of rewards, including travel, merchandise, and even a down payment on a home.
- No annual fees and a straightforward rewards structure.
How to Earn and Redeem Bilt Rewards?
Earn Bilt Points by Paying Rent or Lease
If you live at a Bilt Rewards Alliance property, you can earn points just by paying your rent. You may also be eligible to earn points on other things like signing a new lease or renewing a lease (If an offer from your property manager is available, you’ll see it in your Bilt profile)
You can earn points on rent in two ways:
- Pay your rent with the Bilt Mastercard: You’ll earn 1 point per dollar spent on rent, up to 100,000 points per year. You can pay your rent online with your Bilt Mastercard through the Bilt app.
- Pay your rent with any method and use Bilt to pay your landlord: If your landlord only accepts physical checks, you can still earn points on rent by using Bilt to pay your landlord. Simply pay your rent through the Card on Bilt app, and Bilt will mail your landlord a check each month. You’ll still earn 1 point per dollar spent on rent, up to 100,000 points per year.
Earn Bilt points with the Bilt Mastercard
Speaking of the Bilt Mastercard, it is one of the best rated card in the market for renters: you can earn
- 3 points per dollar on dining
- 2 points per dollar on travel
- 1 point per dollar spent on rent payments (up to 100,000 points per year)
- 1 point per dollar on all other purchases
You must use your card at least five times during each statement period to earn points.
Benefits & Features OF BILT MasterCard:
- TRAVEL BENEFITS & FEATURES:
- Trip cancellation & interruption protection
- Trip delay reimbursement
- Auto rental collision damage waiver
- No foreign currency conversion fee‡
- Lyft credits
- ADDITIONAL PREMIUM BENEFITS AND FEATURES:
- Accelerate your Bilt Rewards status
- World Elite Mastercard Concierge
- Cellular telephone protection
- Purchase security (Theft and damage protection)
Earn Bilt points through Bilt Dining
Bilt also has its own dining rewards program, Bilt Dining.You can link any Visa, Mastercard or American Express credit card to the Bilt Dining program to earn 5 points per dollar at Bilt Dining restaurants when you pay with any eligible card in your Bilt Wallet. Currently, the program operates only in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas and New York City, though there are plans to add more cities.
Earn Bilt points on the Bilt Travel Portal
The Bilt travel portal, powered by Expedia, lets you accumulate points for every dollar spent on flights, hotels, rental cars, and activities. These points stack up on top of those you’ll earn with your existing travel rewards credit card. You can also earn rewards at similar rates per dollar spent with the Bilt Mastercard, Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, or Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card.
Earn Bilt points with Lyft
You can earn 2 Bilt points per dollar on Lyft rides when you link your accounts. When you pay for your ride with the Bilt Mastercard, you’ll also receive an additional 3 Bilt points per dollar spent. For most, Bilt Rewards is the best Lyft reward partner.
Earn Bilt points with SoulCycle
You can earn up to 10 points per dollar on SoulCycle classes booked through the Bilt app.
BILT Status Tiers
Bilt offers four status tiers. Here’s a quick overview:
|Qualification (points earned per year)
|All Bilt Rewards members
|Earn interest on your points (at the FDIC-published national savings rate)
|Access to complimentary home ownership concierge
|Bonus points on new leases or lease renewals
|Complimentary Bilt collection gift
How to Redeem Bilt Rewards Points : Best Options
The Bilt Rewards loyalty program gives you many ways to use your points.Although, not all of them carry equal value. Here are some ways you can redeem your points.
- Use points for Amazon purchases : 0.7 cents per point when you redeem this way.
- You’ll need approximately 14,300 Bilt points to cover a $100 Amazon purchase.
- Shop the Bilt Collection : The Bilt Collection is a curated list of items, including art, home decor and apparel.
- Doesn’t exceed more than 1 cent per point.
- Redeem your points for fitness classes : The value will depend on the class you select but hovers around just 1 cent per point.
- Pay your rent with points : only available if you live in a Bilt Rewards Alliance property or opt for check payments.
- the redemption value is just 0.55 cents per point.
Decent Value Options
- Use your points to save up for a down payment on a home.
- Bilt points are valued at 1.5 cents per point toward a down payment.
- Redeem for travel on the Bilt travel portal
- Use the Bilt travel portal to book the flights, stays, rental cars — at a rate of 1.25 cents per point.
Best Value Options
- Transferring to airline and hotel partners: The best value of transferring your points to Bilt’s airline and hotel partners.
- Bilt has 15 airline and hotel transfer partners.
- You can get 2.05 cents per point in value.
- They Offer Best transfer bonuses we’ve seen during Rent Day (the first of every month).
Apart from these excellent choices BILT offers many different ways to earn and redeem the points and Benefits like below.
Build your credit history by paying rent
When renting at a Bilt Alliance property, you can choose to have your rent payments automatically reported by Bilt to the credit bureaus each month, which can help build your credit history with each on-time rent payment.
- Rent Day™ bonuses, offering increased points on specific days.
- Partnerships with various travel and lifestyle brands, providing exclusive offers and discounts.
- A user-friendly app for managing Bilt Rewards accounts and redeeming points.
Bilt Rewards offers an enticing value proposition that extends beyond just renters. By forging partnerships with some of the most rewarding airline and hotel loyalty programs, Bilt empowers you to maximize the value of your points. Transfers between programs are seamless and occur at a straightforward 1:1 ratio, ensuring a smooth and efficient process.
If you are going to rent for a foreseeable future then Applying for the Bilt Mastercard is the best choice to get the most out of Bilt Rewards Program.