It has never been so important to search for how to save money on gas or get some kind of cash back on a gas purchase for this year 2023. Although, The nationwide average price for a Gallon is back to $3.4 from $4.6 last year this week. And, another upcoming surge in fuel prices, we can see gas pricing rising up to $6 per gallon across the United States.
Here are some best ways you can save some money back while fueling up your car in 2023.
Best Apps to Save on Gas Purchases in 2023
Here are some of the best apps where you can discount or cashback on your fuel purchases
The Upside (formerly GetUpside) is a free, simple-to-use gas savings app that can save you up to 25 cents per gallon. Simply Signup for the app and find the best offers in your area, then fill up using your credit or debit card at the pump. Follow the app instructions (either upload a receipt or check in), and you’ll earn cashback points directly in the app.
the best part is, Upside is not just limited to Gas purchases. You can Claim an offer and get the most value on gas, groceries, and restaurants. There’s no limit to how much you can earn. And ,you can even use it with other coupons, discounts, and loyalty programs.
You can cash out to your rewards balance once you reach the minimum limit of $10 on upside.
By signing up with Promo code AFF25 you will get an extra 25c/gal bonus on your first purchase.
Shell Fuel Rewards
The Fuel Rewards® program is a free loyalty program that helps you save money on fuel at over 11,000 Shell stations, nationwide. Fuel Rewards members with Gold Status save at least 5¢gal on every fill-up. You can earn additional Fuel Rewards savings when you shop, dine, book travel and more. Rewards are cumulative, and there is no limit to how much you can save.
Fuel rewards app has tons of other offers through which you can easily get more than their default Gold Status (5c per Gallon). Advantage of using FR is you dont have to wait to get the cashback the prices at the gas station automatically adjust per your current cashback. so its an instant discount.
Also you can connect other partners accounts like T-mobile Tuesdays , DDperks (Dunkin) , American Airlines with your fuel rewards app to earn more discount per gallon.
Gas buddy is a really famous app, Not just for cashback but for finding accurate gas prices around the city. including Costco and Sam’s club gas stations. it offers a free card, which you can securely connect with your checking account. You just have to use Gas buddy card and the discount up to 25c per gallon will be automatically applied to your purchase.
Gas buddy app has many other advantages apart from saving on Gas purchases.
- Find the best prices with the station map. Search for any type of fuel, regular, mid grade, premium, diesel.
- You can also track driving habits
- Get gas rewards. Turn your daily purchases to save money on gas.
- Track your gas usage and export the log for reimbursement and taxes.
- Car maintenance & recalls information
Best Credit Cards with Cashback to Save On Gas Purchase
Credit card cashback are also a great way to save money on Gas , and also, you can combine them with other apps to save maximum on your fuel purchase.
Chase Freedom Flex Credit Card : 5% Gas Cash back
Chase freedom Flex is already our favorite credit card to apply since last 2 years. Currently, Chase is offering 5% cashback on Gas Station purchases. Also, you can earn a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening, save 5% cash back on gas station purchases on up to $6,000 spent in the first year
Citi Custom Cash Card : 5% Gas Cash back
The $0-annual-fee Citi Custom Cash Card automatically pays 5% in your highest-spending eligible category each month. The categories include gas stations.
Currently, you can earn $200 cash back after spending $750 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening. Plus enjoy our low intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers.
Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi : 4% Gas Cash back
If you are already a Costco member, you are already getting the best prices on Gas at Costco gas stations. But its not possible to go to Costco for every gas purchase. You can get the executive member Citi Card and you can save 4% on all your Gas station purchases through out the year and the cashback will be added to your annual Costco rewards certificate. There are multiple other benefits of the Citi Costco cards.
There are ongoing Costco membership deals which you can use to join the Costco Wholesale club.
Other Notable Credit cards to Save on Gas with No Annual fees
- Discover it® Cash Back – Offers 5% cash back at gas stations & Target for Apr – July 2023.
- Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards Card – 3% On Gas Station Purchases
- Amex Blue Cash Everyday® Card : 2% Cashback on Gas Station Purchases
Other Ways to Save on Gas Purchase
Apart from using specific gas cash back or rewards app, you can also use other ways and apps to save more on that costly gas purchase.
Here are some of the other programs you can use for saving on fuel purchases.
- Pay for gas with cash instead of debit or credit. several gas stations offer 20-cent discounts for cash.
- Don’t buy premium fuel – Unless your car needs the top stuff, stick to the regular grade gas to save cash.
- Use Navigation apps like Google Maps to find Fuel efficient routes
- Keep your Car & Tire Pressure maintained – thank us later!
- Drive Better – Driving speed and breaking have a big impact on your vehicle’s gas consumption
- BP&ME – official App of the bp and Amoco gas rewards and mobile payment
- ExxonMobil Rewards – For Paying & Saving at Exxon+Mobil Gas station
- TruNow – New App, works in the same other gas cash back apps.