Cardholders can also earn 5% back on their top spending category from a list of options, with the possibility of earning up to 9% back on PayPal purchases. Chase has also sent out offer emails to current cardholders to activate this offer.
Find Full FAQs for this offer here.
- The Chase Freedom and Freedom Flex cards are offering 5% cash back on cardholders’ top spending category from Oct. 1 through Dec. 31, 2021.
- The new top-spend category bonus is separate from the cards’ standard rotating bonus rewards, but the two can be used in conjunction to earn up to 9% back on select categories.
- Cardholders should read the rules to ensure that they’re making the most out of the promotional offer.
Table of contents
- What is the Chase Freedom Top Spend category Holidays offer?
- What rewards categories are eligible for the top spend category offer?
- When will i get the extra 5% Bonus on Top Spend Offer
- Can I stack this with current offers on my Freedom card?
- How do i get maximum benefit out of this offer?
- How can i apply for chase freedom card today?
What is the Chase Freedom Top Spend category Holidays offer?
This offer is separate from your quarterly bonus category offer, but automatically added to your account when you activate your Q4 bonus categories. You’ll earn 5% cashback on up to $1500 in total spending in the eligible rewards category where you spend the most from October 1 – December 31, 2021. That’s 4% additional cashback on top of the 1% cash back per $1USD spent that you earn on all purchases.
What rewards categories are eligible for the top spend category offer?
- Travel (including Transit)
- Home Improvement Stores
- Grocery Stores (not including Target and Walmart purchases)
- Drugstores, Gas Stations
- Select Live Entertainment
- Select Streaming Services
- Fitness Clubs.
When will i get the extra 5% Bonus on Top Spend Offer
Your total spend from purchases made in your top spend category will be calculated at the end of the offer period, December 31, 2021. Please allow up to 8 weeks after the end of the offer period for your bonus cash back to post to your account.
Can I stack this with current offers on my Freedom card?
Yes, you can. In that case, you will get only a 4% extra bonus, instead of 5%.
- Freedom flex 1st year cardholders already has 5% cashback for groceries – This makes it 5 + 4 = 9% cash back
- Chase freedom has 5% cashback on Travel purchase through UR portal -This makes it 5 + 4 = 9% cash back
- Freedom flex has 3% on Dining or Drug store purchase = This makes it 3 + 4 = 7% cash back
- Chase has 5% cashback on Walmart and Paypal purchase = This makes 5 + 4 = 9% cash back
How do i get maximum benefit out of this offer?
Decide the category you want to top. like grocery or travel and spend the most money in the same. try to stack the offer with ongoing Walmart and Paypal offers to get 9% cashback.
How can i apply for chase freedom card today?
If you don’t have the chase freedom card, this is the best time to apply for one today! Freedom has no annual fees so you won’t have to worry about that.
Check out our referral offers section for members sharing extra bonuses on sign-up.